I’m sure that I don’t need to tell you that getting results from Facebook Ads is hard. The average CTR of an ad is a dispiriting 0.9%, and dropping. Yet Facebook Ads are also expensive, with the social media giant raking in nearly $54.4bn in ad revenue in 2018.
It’s clear, then, that we need to make the most of our efforts on Facebook Ads. And tools that can help us do that, without breaking the bank, can be crucial to success when it comes to Facebook Ads. Let’s take a look at five affordable Facebook Ads tools to help you make the most of your ads budget.
1. AdStage: personalise ads A/B testing
“Your Marketing Data in One Platform”
AdStage is an all-in-one reporting and automation tool designed for cross-channel advertising accounts. Adstage is integrated with a lot of platforms: Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads, Yahoo, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, HubSpot, Slack, Salesforce – I could go on.
The goal of the tool is to provide a closed loop reporting, consolidating reporting from different platforms – so that marketers can measure attribution across all channels, but pricing does correlate with the number of integrations. The tool is intended for agencies but it’s also suitable for in-house marketers.
- Ads reporting
- Automation with monitoring and optimisation rules
- Data API
- Connects ad performance data to web analytics and sales pipelines
- Folder feature for grouping similar campaigns
- Cross channel data all in one place (Google Sheets)
- Easy-to-use drag and drop capacity and templates to customise reports
- Saves countless hours of manual work
- Huge range of integrations available
- Analytics and conversion data integration from Google Analytics, Google Sheets and Hubspot
- Abundant support resources available
- Excellent customer support and onboarding
- Does not include some integration lead sources such as Unbounce
- No Snapchat support
- Can get costly when you are using larger bundles
Pricing: The pricing bundles vary from $29 for just Google Sheets to $1,838 for the full product bundle, with Enterprise offerings priced at scale
Trial: 14-day free trial (no credit card required)
2. Datasine Connect: insights and predictions on which creatives resonate the most with your audience
“Connecting the dots between data and creativity”
Datasine Connect is an AI tool that leverages the engagement data available in Facebook Ads to predict how converting an ad creative is likely to be. Using a computer vision AI model, Connect ranks and rates your creatives out of 100 (100 being equivalent to your best-ever performing ad and 0 your least) so marketers know how engaging their ads are likely to be, before triggering costly campaigns.
Connect is a great tool for both SMEs and digital agencies. In the first case, the tool has been invaluable to small business owners who want to really understand their audience and connect with them on a more personal level by pushing content that particularly resonates. For those working in digital agencies, Connect is useful because it can be used to back up creative decisions with concrete data.
- Audience content insights
- Past campaign performance analytics
- Scoring and ranking of creatives
- The only software on the market that provides data-driven insights into audiences’ content preferences
- Makes A/B testing even more efficient and cost-effective
- A logical and beautiful interface
- A dedicated customer success team of data scientists, growth marketers and psychologists on hand for demos, explanations and general advice
- Excellent Customer Support
- Only images can be analysed on the platform currently (text capabilities are on their way)
Sign up for a demo to see the impact Datasine Connect can have for your branding and marketing.
3. RevealBot: Facebook Ad optimisation
“Work smarter with Facebook Ads automation software”
RevealBot is an advanced Facebook Ads tool, that also integrates with Google Ads and Snapchat. Facebook ads can be created in bulk and then optimized using conditions and rules to pause, start, duplicate, change budgets and bids, or set new bid strategies when your conditions are met. There is a post auto-boosting, as well as a detailed analytics feature which posts reports directly onto Slack. This is a great little tool for ad scaling for in-house marketers.
- Ads analytics
- Automated publishing
- Auto-post boosting
- Post-ID export
- Bulk ad generation
- Pre-packaged automated rules
- Great for both content creation and management
- Simple Drag And Drop Editor for ad creation
- Customized reports
- Excellent Customer Support
- A bit expensive for small businesses
- User interface takes some time getting used to
Pricing: Starts at $49/month for up to $5k ad spend going up to $2,999/month for $3,000k/month ad spend
Trial: 14-day free trial (No credit card required)
4. AdEspresso: simplifying and optimising Facebook Ads creation
“Digital Advertising Made Easy, Fast & Effective”
AdEspresso is a Hootsuite tool that’s fully integrated with Facebook, allowing users to create and publish a campaign natively within the platform, conduct audience segmentation and bidding. AdEspresso also provides in-depth analysis into your marketing campaigns, including Facebook Ads. Think about it as an advanced Facebook Ads Manager tool!
AdEspresso also has an A/B testing feature where the tool automatically generates different combinations of ads based on the elements the user uploads. There is an option to “Aggregate” a campaign where the user can test combinations directly from a spreadsheet. These tests can be segmented according to audience too and results are automatically analysed.
- Ads creation
- Ads management
- Streamlined A/B testing
- All-in-one app
- Easy-to-use tool for beginners
- Minimal learning curve
- Huge amount of learning material provided from them
- Access to advanced features are also limited at lower cost plan
- You won’t be able to create additional ads once a campaign is set up
- Dashboards are at a campaign level and not account level
- Customer support increases proportionally to the cost of plan and is significantly limited if you’re on a cheaper plan
Pricing: The plans are priced at $69/mo, $199/mo, $399/mo or $599/mo dependent on marketing spend
Trial: 14-day free trial (Credit card required)
5. Driftrock: acquiring, optimising and converting digital marketing leads
“The easiest way to acquire, optimise and convert leads from your digital marketing”
Driftrock is another all-in-one platform for ad creation and automation that can be integrated with Google, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The tool connects to CRM with Google Analytics and Facebook Custom Audiences to simplify campaign tracking and analytics and make custom and lookalike audience advertising much more accurate. It has spectacular reviews and ratings all around and some of its clients include BMW, The Open University and Brewdog. It’s best for medium to large enterprises.
- Facebook Ads generator
- Ad triggers
- Syncing with custom audiences
- Automated Facebook custom audiences
- Syncing Facebook Lead Ads with CRM
- Simple and easy to set up
- Great for syncing contacts between CRM system and ad audiences
- Can get a bit pricey with different integrations
- Software is slow at times
Pricing: Not provided on their website, but third-party sources state a price between $135/month to $855/month depending on your marketing spend
For an in-depth look into the best AI marketing tools on the market right now, check out Klint Marketing’s Top 50 AI tools for growth hacking.