Getting results from Facebook advertising is hard.
Every year, marketing teams spend billions of pounds on Facebook ads (and that’s without mentioning the blood, sweat, and tears…), yet the average CTR sits stubbornly at 0.9%
Many marketing teams don’t see conversion rates high enough to justify launching a Facebook campaign. The reality is that the vast, vast majority of Facebook ads just sit there sadly as people scroll past.
Which begs the question – why does Facebook make 16.6 billion USD from advertising per year?
It’s because, when Facebook ads do work, they work really well. In the UK alone, 44% of the population checks Facebook multiple times a day. That means each of your ads has a potential audience of tens of millions of people. If your ad is eye-catching enough, it could attract millions of clicks every day. So, it’s worth putting the effort into making the most of your Facebook ads.
But how can you ensure that your ad will be one of the ones that gets millions of views, not one of the many that whizz up-screen as users scroll past? In this guide we’ll take you through the very best Facebook ad software to make your advertisements stand out, grab gazes, and bring leads pouring in.
“Your marketing data in one platform” Adstage is an all-in-one reporting and automation tool designed for advertising across channels. It’s integrated with a lot of platforms, including Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Analytics…I could go on!
What Adstage aims to do is to provide closed-loop reporting. It consolidates reports from different platforms, so that marketers can measure attribution across all channels.
The tool is intended for marketing agencies, but in-house marketers may also find it useful. Pricing varies, depending on the number of integrations you need.
- Ads reporting
- Automation, with monitoring and optimisation rules
- Data AP
- Connects ad performance data with web analytics and sales pipelines
- Similar campaigns can be grouped in folders
- Cross-channel data is all held in one place (Google Sheets)
- The drag-and-drop formula is easy to use, and the platform’s existing templates are easy to customise.
- It can save A LOT of manual work
- There’s a huge range of available integrations
- It will also integrate analytics and conversion data from Google Analytics, Google Sheets, and Hubspot
- There are abundant support resources available
- Their customer support and onboarding are excellent
- It’s missing a few integration lead sources – Unbounce, for example
- It doesn’t offer Snapchat support
- The cost adds up when using larger bundles
“Stop guessing. Start creating.” The first thing that people see when they look at a Facebook ad is the image. The image gets the largest amount of space, and we’re naturally drawn to images over words.
Where marketing is concerned, the old saying that “A picture is worth a thousand words” has never been truer. So, picking the right image is crucial if your Facebook ad is to be successful. This is where Datasine comes in. Datasine’s AI-based platform uses the engagement data in Facebook Ads and in your own campaign history to predict which images will perform best with your audiences. It combines creativity with data to predict not only which creative content will have the highest conversion rate – but why.
Datasine’s predictive scoring uses AI to rate how appealing creatives will be for your Facebook audience – and with extraordinarily high accuracy. In a recent experiment, we took similar images and ran them through our AI. The AI ranked each image based on predicted appeal to our own Facebook audience.
We then ran these images in campaigns on Facebook. The most successful Facebook ads corresponded exactly with what our AI had predicted. The highest scoring image achieved the lowest CPC (£1.62) with the highest CTR (1.11%) (which, by the way, totally smashed the B2B ads’ average of 0.78% CTR!)
- Pre-campaign Testing – find the highest converting combinations before publishing your ads.
- In flight optimisation – optimise the creatives of live campaigns and use Datasine’s suggestions for new ad content and imagery.
- Creative data – choose the highest performing elements in your ad campaign from the very beginning, saving time and boosing ROI.
- Intelligent briefing – create the next ad brief within Datasine and receive recommendations of what to include and avoid before your designers spend time creating assets.
- Competitor insights – track and benchmark against the performance of your competitors within the platform.
- Smart content & image libraries – the Datasine model automatically recommends the best, most high-converting visual content and imagery from a your images or a wide range of image libraries.
- Datasine provides the only Facebook ad software on the market which gives data-driven insights into audiences’ content preferences
- By pre-optimising ads before they go live, spend and performance are optimised from the get go.
- The intelligent briefing feature optimises not only ad performance but also the marketing process.
- Optimise campaigns while they are live to maximise audience engagement and ROI based on specific elements that the AI has identified.
- Intuitive interface, that includes all of the features identified above as standard.
- There’s a dedicated team of data-scientists, and growth-marketers on hand for demos, explanations, and general advice.
- Need FB spend levels to be 10k a month or more to gather enough data to be able to automate recommendations and optimisation
Sign up for a demo to see the impact Datasine can have on your branding and marketing.
“Work smarter with Facebook Ads automation software” Revealbot is designed to optimise Facebook ads, but also integrates with Google Ads and Snapchat. Revealbot helps you to create Facebook ads in bulk, and then to optimise through various clever automations. It allows you to pause, start, and duplicate campaigns, as well as enabling you to change budgets and bids or set new bid strategies when certain conditions are met.
Revealbot will also auto-boost posts if you want it to, and will post analytics reports directly to Slack. All in all, it’s a great little tool for in-house marketers who want to scale their ads.
- Ads analytics
- Automated publishing
- Auto-post boosting
- Post-ID export
- Bulk ad generation
- Pre-packaged automation rules
- Great for both content creation and management
- The drag-and-drop ad creation editor is very easy to use
- Customized reports
- Excellent customer support
- Might be a bit expensive for small businesses
- The user interface takes some time getting used to
“Digital advertising made easy, fast, and effective” Adspresso is one of the most comprehensive Facebook ads software offerings out there. It’s a Hootsuite tool that’s fully integrated with Facebook, allowing users to create and publish ad campaigns within Facebook itself, as well as conducting audience segmentation and bidding. It also provides in-depth analysis into your marketing campaigns.
Basically, Adspresso is like a really advanced Facebook Ads manager tool. Adespresso also has an A/B testing feature, in which the tool automatically generates different combinations for ads based on the elements you upload. You can ‘aggregate’ campaigns, and test combinations directly from a spreadsheet. All tests can be segmented according to audience, and the results get analysed automatically.
- Ads creation
- Ads management
- Streamlined A/B testing
- All-in-one app
- Easy-to-use tool for beginners
- Minimal learning curve
- They provide a massive amount of learning material
- Access to advanced features is limited on lower cost plans
- You won’t be able to create additional ads once a campaign is set up
- Dashboards are at a campaign level and not account level
- Customer support increases proportionally to the cost of plan and is significantly limited if you’re on a cheaper plan
“The easiest way to acquire, optimise and convert leads from your digital marketing” Driftrock is an all-in-one platform for ad creation and automation that can be integrated with Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn. As Facebook ad software, it connects to both Google Analytics and Facebook Custom Audiences. This hugely simplifies campaign tracking, and makes lookalike data much more accurate.
Driftrock has some spectacular ratings and reviews from big names like BMW and the Open University – but do note that this also means they’re best for medium-large enterprises.
- Facebook ads generator
- Ad triggers
- Syncs with custom audiences
- Automated Facebook custom audiences
- Syncs Facebook ad leads with CRM
- Simple and easy to set up
- It’s fantastic for syncing contacts and activity between your CRM system and your ad audiences.
- It can get a bit pricey as you add integrations
- The software is slow at times
Invest in the best Facebook ad software for great ROI Some of the names on this list can be pretty pricey, depending on the number of integrations you need. Is it worth it? Given the huge potential audience waiting for you on Facebook, we’d say that, yes, it definitely is! Loads of companies are advertising on Facebook.
In order to stand out from the crowd and draw in all those clicks, you need to optimise your ads to the hilt. Tools and platforms like Datasine can give you the edge that you need to lift your ads out of the 0.9% CTR doldrums and send engagement through the roof.