Interested in joining an agile, diverse and creative data science team? Want to get involved with one of London’s most exciting startups? We’re looking for a passionate data scientist to join our team of psychologists and data science researchers to help us build the next generation of tools for marketers using data.
DataSine is a VC-backed Series A startup based in London, which is using psychology to humanise data-driven marketing and build human-centred AI tools for marketers. Our product, Pomegranate, is a content editing suite powered by machine learning, which helps marketers create personalised customer experiences at scale.
We’re looking for a passionate data scientist to join our team of psychologists and data science researchers to help us build the next generation of tools for marketers using data. We work at the intersection of social science and machine learning, in areas such as computational aesthetics and explainable models. We love to share our skills and experience, and keep learning at the forefront with a weekly reading club for scientific papers and other initiatives. As a Data Scientist, you would be responsible for the following:
- Working in a multidisciplinary team on problems in diverse areas of machine learning, including NLP and Computer Vision
- Contributing production quality code to our data science libraries and working with the tech team to integrate models with our core platform
- Creating new datasets with the psychology team to power new models and features
In order to do this, we believe you should have the following:
- 1+ years experience as a professional data scientist / machine learning practitioner OR significant, self-directed experience (e.g. Kaggle, side-projects). We strongly value non-traditional backgrounds and self-starters.
- A strong academic background
- Technical expertise with the Python machine learning stack (such as numpy/pandas, tensorflow, pytorch, scikit-learn)
- A passion for data science, the ability to discuss recent innovations in the field
The following skills would be beneficial to your application:
- An academic background in machine learning, computational statistics, or related field
- Professional software engineering background
A bit about our team
We are a diverse and friendly bunch, and because we know about psychology, we also know that work-life balance is very important. We work sensible hours, dedicate work time to team and personal wellbeing, and keep a focus on our workplace being a supportive environment. If that sounds appealing, we’d love to speak to you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We particularly encourage applications from people in groups underrepresented in the technology industry.
Apply now – send us your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com.