Product Manager / UX Lead
DataSine is a tech startup which is bringing together machine learning and psychology to enable companies to personalise how they talk to their customers at scale.
Now that we’ve raised our Series A, we are looking for an experienced UX Designer that wants to step up to owning the direction, design and management of our SaaS product, Pomegranate.
What success looks like
The key objective of 2019 for DataSine is to find product-market fit. To do so you will organise and conduct user research, using those insights to inform the product strategy. You should have an understanding of applying product growth & lean tactics, such as rapid experimentations (“test & learn”), with the aim to accelerate growth.
You will work alongside and report to the CTO, who is the Product Owner. The two of you will form a close partnership with the rest of the company to ensure Pomegranate grows in the right direction, getting us to product-market fit.
With a deep understanding of the problem space, you will collaborate with the management team to create and prioritise the product roadmap, bringing clarity and ensuring everybody in the company knows what we’re doing in the next weeks and months.
You will take the strategic direction and turn it into user flows, wireframes and prototypes to be tested with users to ensure they are appropriate. You will work closely with the developers and visual designer to ensure your design is ready for development, achievable and delightful.
You will be the glue that ensures the tech team knows exactly what they are building, solving any queries about detailed functionality and being able to be pragmatic to allow us to move quickly.
Full coordination with our marketing and sales teams will be key to ensure everybody knows what we’re building and by when, what needs to be promoted, etc.
A solid understanding of how websites are built will be fundamental to communicate with the developers, and then translate that into simple words for the rest of the company.
We’re looking for somebody that is obsessed with quality, works with others to ensure everything is under control, yet is pragmatic enough to ensure the team keeps delivering. Someone that is able to abstract to a 10,000 feet view and then focus on the details.
- You may have 5-7 years of experience as a UX designer
- Your day to day job is about understanding a problem, designing a solution and communicating it to both senior stakeholders and developers. And you’re able to communicate to both in a way they understand it
- Have a portfolio that shows how you’ve done the point above 👆 in detail. At least for the interview, we want to see your thought process, understand why you made the decisions, not just some pretty pictures
- You’re the one always tracking all the work to ensure things get done
- Ideally you’ve used JIRA, as you will spend a lot of time on it
- Never been a product manager before? Not a problem, we’re looking for somebody with the right skills and attitude, not a job title.
- 25 days holiday and 8 bank holidays
- Friendly and supportive company culture
- Vibrant, international and diverse team (21 people growing to 25)
- Personal development budget
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- Good filtered coffee, a selection of teas and a fridge stocked with soft drinks
- Regular team social events (recent include darts, social bingo and a baking workshop)
- Cool, creative office in Clerkenwell (Farringdon)
A bit about our team
We are a diverse and friendly bunch, and because we know about psychology, we also know that work-life balance is very important. We work sensible hours, dedicate work time to team and personal wellbeing, and keep a focus on our workplace being a supportive environment. If that sounds appealing, we’d love to speak to you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We particularly encourage applications from people in groups underrepresented in the technology industry.
Not everything fits into a job ad! If you’re interested or have any questions – please send your CV to: email@example.com.