Senior Data Scientist
Interested in joining an agile, diverse and creative data science team? Want to get involved with one of London’s most exciting startups? We’re looking for a passionate and experienced senior data scientist to join our team of psychologists and data science researchers to help us build the next generation of tools for marketers using data.
DataSine is a VC-backed Series A startup based in London, which is using psychology to humanise data-driven marketing and build human-centred AI tools for marketers. Our product, Pomegranate, is a content editing suite powered by machine learning, which helps marketers create personalised customer experiences at scale.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced data scientist to join our team of psychologists and data science researchers to help us build the next generation of tools for marketers using data. We are working on some exciting challenges across many subdisciplines of machine learning, in order to enrich machine learning paradigms (recommendation, segmentation, optimisation) with human understandable concepts from psychology and social science. For example:
- Computational aesthetics – building explainable models for understanding the appeal of digital content through NLP, computer vision, and psychology
- Collaborative systems and intelligence augmentation – building prescriptive content improvement suggestions to assist marketers, communicating model decisions in natural language
- Generative modelling – Directed natural language generation for content personalisation
As a Senior Data Scientist, you would be responsible for the following:
- Leading research projects in diverse domains of machine learning and computational social science, managing team members where required
- Liaising with the product team to develop engaging product features
- Leading the design and development of high quality, well-engineered machine learning libraries that will be used in production
- Organising data collection efforts and working with the psychology team to create new and unique data assets
- Contributing to the long-term strategic research roadmap
- Tracking developments in academic research, attending conferences and collaborating on publications
- Mentoring team members both within the research team and across the organisation
In order to do this, we believe you should have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a professional data scientist / machine learning practitioner
- A strong academic background in machine learning or a related technical field
- Deep technical expertise with the python machine learning stack, (numpy/pandas, tensorflow, pytorch, sklearn)
- Experience working with production codebases and engineering teams, particularly including production systems using machine learning
- Practical experience with deep learning models in any subfield of machine learning
- Up-to-date knowledge of recent developments in machine learning, a passion for the subject
- The ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical audiences
Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience working with neural NLP models, especially within text generation
- Experience with tools in the big data tech stack, e.g. spark
- An interest in human-computer interface, explainable AI, data ethics, psychology, affective computing
- Leadership skills within a research team
- Strong academic network
A bit about our team
We are a diverse and friendly bunch, and because we know about psychology, we also know that work-life balance is very important. We work sensible hours, dedicate work time to team and personal wellbeing, and keep a focus on our workplace being a supportive environment. The research team is a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment focused on learning. We run a weekly research paper reading club, and group side-project time. If that sounds appealing, we’d love to speak to you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We particularly encourage applications from people in groups underrepresented in the technology industry.
Apply now – send us your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.